On Tue, Jan 31, 2012  Craig Weinberg <whatsons...@gmail.com> wrote:

acw <a...@lavabit.com> wrote:

>> A digital or analog camera would get similar amounts of noise as the
>> eye, actually probably less than the eye.

> > Why do you say that? Have you ever taken a photo with the lens cap on? I
> just looked at my digital camera in my phone and blocked the lens with my
> hand and there is no noise or snow whatsoever. If I unplug the monitor from
> my computer but leave it powered on - no snow.

Turn up the gain and guess what, snow! The idea that electronic light
detectors (or any electronic circuit for that matter, or any biological
circuit, or any anything) can produce not low noise but no noise whatsoever
is of course ridiculous, but unlike so many other of your ridiculous
statements this one is informative. No it tells us nothing about the nature
of intelligence or consciousness and it certainly contains nothing
informative about electronics, but it does tell us a lot about the depth of
your scientific knowledge. Zero.

  John K Clark