On Sat, Mar 3, 2012 at 3:01 AM, Craig Weinberg <whatsons...@gmail.com> wrote:
> On Mar 1, 8:12 pm, Stathis Papaioannou <stath...@gmail.com> wrote:
>

>> You do assume, though, that brain function can't be replicated by a
>> machine.
>
> No, I presume that consciousness is not limited to what we consider to
> be brain function. Brain function, as we understand it now, is already
> a machine.

You've moved on since I discussed this with you a few months ago,
since then you claimed that brain function (i.e. observable function
or behaviour) could not be replicated by machine. If you now accept
this, the further argument is that it is not possible to replicate
brain function without also replicating consciousness. This is valid
even if it isn't actually possible to replicate brain function. We've
discussed this before and I don't think you understand it.

--
Stathis Papaioannou