On Wed, Jun 6, 2012 at 1:23 PM, Craig Weinberg <whatsons...@gmail.com>wrote:

> It's not possible to punish something that doesn't have free will.

I can't say anything directly about that because neither you nor I know
what the hell "free will" means, but I do know what "will" means and if
something wants to do X and I prevent that something from doing X then that
something will be unhappy and look upon my actions as a punishment and will
not want it repeated. So independent of what if anything the noise "free
will" means, punishment is a deterrent; but you should have already known

  John K Clark