On 06 Jun 2012, at 19:43, R AM wrote:

On Wed, Jun 6, 2012 at 6:30 PM, R AM <ramra...@gmail.com> wrote:
On Wed, Jun 6, 2012 at 6:18 PM, Brian Tenneson <tenn...@gmail.com> wrote: I think people make choices from among available options many times every day and that is why the concept in question exists.

Deep down, free will is the belief that, if we were put again under exactly the same situation, exactly the same feelings, the same perceptions, the same beliefs, the same memories, the same past, the same values, etc ... if everything was exactly the same, the belief in free will says that we still could do otherwise.

It's silly.

I agree free-will is silly if it is defined like that. So let us try a less silly definition. So instead of "was exactly the same" in your definition, we can use "was exactly the same from the subject point of view". In that case, if the subject was aware of not having all information, he might consistently think that he could have done otherwise, because he was hesitating for example, as far as he can remember.