On 07 Jun 2012, at 10:00, R AM wrote:

On Thu, Jun 7, 2012 at 9:23 AM, Bruno Marchal <marc...@ulb.ac.be> wrote:

I agree free-will is silly if it is defined like that. So let us try a less silly definition. So instead of "was exactly the same" in your definition, we can use "was exactly the same from the subject point of view".

OK.

In that case, if the subject was aware of not having all information, he might consistently think that he could have done otherwise, because he was hesitating for example, as far as he can remember.

It depends on what we mean by "could". If we mean that "I would have done otherwise because I could have done otherwise", I still think that belief in free-will is silly. If the subject was aware of not having all information and yet he did what he did, why would the subject think (later) that he could have done otherwise?

Because he remembers that he was hesitating. Yesterday I have eaten spaghetti, but I could have decide otherwise, I hesitated a lot.