On 6/11/2012 8:45 AM, R AM wrote:
But what I'm saying here is not ontological determinism but in fact, about the subjective experience. I'm defending that we cannot imagine ourselves in exactly the same subjective situation and still think that we could have done otherwise.

I can certainly imagine that. But I wonder if your use of "subjective situation" is ambiguous. Do you mean exactly the same state, including memory, conscious and unconscious thoughts..., or do you just mean satisfying the same subjective description?

Brent

Or something equivalent, if we were put again in exactly the same subjective situation, would we do otherwise? I don't think so, but If yes, why?