Stephan,

According to Shing-Tung Yau  http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Shing-Tung_Yau
current Head of the Harvard Math Dept. who verified Calabi's Conjecture,
the compact manifolds are 1000 Planck lengths across
and are constraaned by higher-order EM flux that winds thru its 500 holes
(see "The Shape of Inner Space" by Yau).

It is considered that each flux winding has 10 quantum states
so that the total number of distinct windings is 10^500.

I suggest that the number of quantum states rather
may equal the dimensionality of the compact manifolds,
so that the number of possibilities is 6^500 or 10^389,
which is just enough to fill a good sized universe like ours
with every Compact Manifold being unique.

Thanks for your interest.
Richard