From: Richard Ruquist
Receiver: everything-list
Time: 2012-08-22, 13:16:14
Subject: Re: Leibniz's theodicy: a nonlocal and hopefully best mereology

Thank God- just an expression.

On Wed, Aug 22, 2012 at 12:54 PM, Stephen P. King <stephe...@charter.net> wrote:

Hi Richard,

    I am familiar with those idea and several others that are similar (such as
that of Matti Pitkanen who I have had long discussions with). Yau and the
others seem to retain the same ontological assumptions that modern physics has
been using. My philosophical inquiry is exploring alternative ontologies that
do not assume "primitive physicality" as fundamental. This has forced me to go
back and dig up all of the prior work, such as Leibniz and Descartes, on
ontology.
    It is ironic but the claimed rejection of philosophical implications and
questions by modern physicist and their "shut up and calculate" attitudes have
only deepened the problem that they face. Only recently, physicists like Chris
Isham and Roger Penrose have had the timerity to broach the philosophical
questions and have faced the problems squarely.