What you are all missing is this:

A particular kind of pattern (in sand or salt) can be generated by
generating a specific sound (cymatics).

The same pattern would be generated whether or not any human ear was
present to hear the 'sound' as an audible experience.
The same pattern could be manually generated by other means - sweeping the
salt into the desired shapes by hand or tiny magnetic robots, etc.
This process would generate no audible experience to anyone.

While we have grown accustomed to thinking of sound waves as something that
literally exists and causes physical changes, if we pay attention to the
process of generating sound, we can realize that it can only be generated
by mechanically vibrating a physical object to begin with. Indeed, without
a molecule-filled plenum to vibrate, there is no way for sound to propagate
between solid objects which are separated by space.

This illustrates that the wave itself - the computation, does not exist
independently of the objects which are participating in the event. The
event has computable aspects - its predictable effects on objects of
particular forms and densities, etc, but the sound that is associated with
the wave in a human mind is not computable. There is no reason to assume
that the vibratory behaviors which we observe with some (but not all) of
our other human senses, visual and tactile, is any more of an objective
definition than the quality of the sound to our ears.

Computation is always only something that material stuff is doing - and
material stuff is only a tactile-visual presentation.

So why would any kind of oracle requirement of a computation conjure up any
quality or possibility of an 'experience'? This assumes that scooping salt
in fancy circles makes sound magically appear in the universe. Computation
does not need awareness, but awareness needs computation as a way of
externalizing experience. Computation cannot be primitive because we would
never know about it - nothing would know about it. Computation is an
abstract skeleton of relation between objects, but it can never explain
imagination or sense itself.

Craig