On 8/30/2012 9:22 AM, Bruno Marchal wrote:

On 30 Aug 2012, at 17:16, Brian Tenneson wrote:

Thinking implies a progression of time.  So perhaps it is equally important to
define time.

In the computationlist theory, the digital discrete sequence 0, s(0), s(s(0)) ... is enough, notably to named the steps of execution of the UD (UD*), or of the programs execution we can see in UD*, or equivalently in a tiny subset of arithmetical truth.

Are you saying time-order corresponds to the order of execution of steps in the UD? I don't see how that can be consistent with your idea that our sequence of conscious experiences corresponds to a "closest continuation" of a our present state. Our present state is supposedly visited infinitely many times by the UD.