Roger,
again I have to violate my decision NOT to participate in your diatribes...
This is a very nice 'politically correct' sounding variant of an untrue
maxim.
People do not 'H A T E ' the rich: they may admire, envy, detest, fight
against, disagree with, obey, lick-ass, etc., but not 'hate' - and you are
wrong - with some ostentational ignorance - about the term, to call it a
new (form of) *racism*.
Racism has a clandestine, but not ignorable false mental characteristic: to
FEEL superior to the 'hated race'. No such thing in the ordinary people vs.
the self-pretended superheroes of the super-rich.
They have circumstances available giving the idea of being above the law
and above the rest of the (lower???) society.
There are exceptions, I am referring to the 'average plutocrat'.
They have wealthy upbringing with best education-potential, best health
care and activities developing them better than most of the 'lower' class
kids, - with ancestors leaving wealth (sometimes by killing off their
competitors) and possessions to secure a wealthy start-up. Not comparable
to a 'boondox-kid' or even a poor city-kid with malnutrition, educational
deficiencies, gang-influence etc.
So - no matter how nice your maxim sounds: I reject it.

John M