On 14 Sep 2012, at 13:57, Roger Clough wrote:

Hi Bruno Marchal

My judgment was overly harsh if they transplanted
something living along with the computer transplant
or partial transplant. But it doesn't look too promising
that the result would even be alive.

I don't know why you keep imputing racism on me just
because I realistically allow that there can be
differences in people. For one thing, I'm no way as smart
as you are.

I don't know that, and it is not an argument.

I agree that "racism" is harsh but how to call a judgment on a human, based on the aspect of its contingent body.

My questioning is theoretical. No worry, artificial brain are not for tomorrow, although it might go quickly soon enough, and human survives already with many prostheses.

The brain is without doubt very complex, but why would it be impossible that it is a machine. Even creationist insist that nature looks like the result of an intelligent *design*, and describes part of molecular biology in mechanist terms.

And mechanism goes in your direction, if my body is a machine, my first person "I" is not, as it is something associated with infinities of complex number relations, and it exists only in Platonia, in a non extended realization.

Bruno

Roger Clough, rclo...@verizon.net
9/14/2012
so that everything could function."