On Sep 11, 2012, at 10:03 AM, "Roger Clough" <rclo...@verizon.net> wrote:

Hi Jason Resch

Does the computer have the asbility to convert entropy into energy ?
That's a fundamental requirement for life.

I know of no life form that does this, unless you are viewing them going backwards through time.

And life must be free to do what it wants, which I don't think
computers can.

Why not?

The key word here is autonomy. Self-caused,
self-determined, meaning a self is also needed.

Who was choosing the categories in Watson's jeapordy game?

Only living
things have selves of whatever type for governance.
Even a daisy.

A daisy is a machine, albeit a very complicated nano-engineered one.

Also, those properties are all inextended so they cannot be
manipulated by physical devices.

Look up the experiments of Jose Delgado. He manipulated the self's goverance with a remote control, and even trained monkeys to manipulate others using the remote control.

Jason

Roger Clough, rclo...@verizon.net
9/11/2012
so that everything could function."