From: Jason Resch
Receiver: everything-list@googlegroups.com
Time: 2012-09-11, 10:47:29
Subject: Re: victims of faith

On Sep 11, 2012, at 8:56 AM, "Roger Clough" <rclo...@verizon.net> wrote:

Hi Jason Resch

What do we have that machines don't ?

Intelligence, consciousnness, awareness. feelings--
in short, we have life, machines don't

Why do you belive no machine can have these properties?

Jason

Roger Clough, rclo...@verizon.net
9/11/2012
so that everything could function."
From: Jason Resch
Receiver: everything-list
Time: 2012-09-11, 09:04:05
Subject: Re: Re: victims of faith

On Tue, Sep 11, 2012 at 7:50 AM, Roger Clough <rclo...@verizon.net> wrote:
> Hi Alberto G. Corona
>
> Religious communion with God and prayer are transcendental so
> not computable.

Even those of the past who looked down on the "barbaric" and
"uncivilized" native people believed they could be converted and
saved. You profess that androids (like Data in star trek) is at an
even lower place (than those who looked down on foreigners). What do
we have that machines don't? We are all quarks and electrons, so what
magic are the machines missing?

Jason