On Tuesday, September 25, 2012 4:43:29 AM UTC-4, Bruno Marchal wrote:

> On 25 Sep 2012, at 05:45, Stathis Papaioannou wrote:
>
> > On Wed, Sep 19, 2012 at 12:00 AM, Jason Resch
> > <jason...@gmail.com<javascript:>>
>
> > wrote:
> >
> >> Pain is anything but epiphenomenal.  The fact that someone is able
> >> to talk about it rules out it being an epiphenomenon.
> >
> > The behaviour - talking about the pain - could be explained entirely
> > as a sequence of physical events, without any hint of underlying
> > qualia.
>
> With comp a physical events is explained in term of measure and
> machine/number relative consciousness selection (à la WM-duplication
> way).
> Physics is phenomenal. It is an internal consciousness selection made
> on coherent computations (arithmetical relations).
> We can't explain physics without a theory of quanta, which, in comp,
> is a sub-theory of a theory of consciousness/qualia.
>
> Consciousness is not epiphenomenal: it is the "extractor" of the
> physical realities in arithmetic. We could say that consciousness is
> the universal self-accelerating property of the universal number which
> makes possible the differentiation of the experience, and then the
> physical reality is a projection. I could consider consciousness as
> the main "force" in the universe, even if it is also a phenomenal
> reality (the ontology being only arithmetic, or finite combinatorial
> relations).

We are on the same page here then. My only question is, if consciousness is
the main "force" in the universe, doesn't it make more sense to see
arithmetic as the "condenser" of experiences into physical realism? I can
easily see why experience would need semiotic compressions to organize
itself, but I can see no reason that arithmetic or physical realities would
possibly need to be 'extracted', or even what that would mean. Why execute
a program if all possible outcomes are already computable?

Craig