On Tue, Oct 16, 2012 at 12:34 PM, Craig Weinberg <whatsons...@gmail.com>wrote:

> > That there are literally "laws" which physics obeys is a fairy tale.

That statement is ignorance pure and simple.

> How can reason be created for a reason (circular) or created not for a
reason

I don't understand what part of X is Y OR X is not Y confuses you.

> (something from nothing)?

Exactly. As I've said before there is no logical reason that every event
must have a cause, logically some things can be random; and modern physics
tells us that it's not only logical possible its physically actual.

>The computer doesn't choose anything. A function is executed, that is all.
>

> A function is executed?!! A function is a rule, that is all.
>

> No. A rule is 'don't cross the yellow lines'.

Functions have domains and ranges, in this case the car and the area inside
the yellow lines.

A function is the use of the steering column to turn the wheels of the car.

Yes. the domain is the movement of the steering column and the range the
movement of the car.

> Huge difference.

No difference. It's a shame you never studied elementary algebra.

> Rules do nothing unless something follows them.

Something like a function.

> Functions potentially cause physical changes.

And so can rules.

> > You have no idea what I am talking about.

True. The question now is, do you know what you are talking about?

> Why couldn't you function if you believed you were the only conscious
being in the universe?

I think we can all agree that's a pretty stupid question. As I've said,
just negating everything your opponent says doesn't work, you've got to
have a strategy.

  John K Clark