Richard,

Bruno,

I do not find Deutsch's introduction of a rational decision maker convincing
e.g.: http://arxiv.org/ftp/quant-ph/papers/9906/9906015.pdf
nor Wallaces elaboration on that theme
e.g.: http://arxiv.org/pdf/0906.2718v1.pdf.

My belief is that a rational decision maker, somewhat like a god,
would following Leibniz, always chose the best quantum state in any interaction to become physical in a single universe. In fact that seems to be exactly what Wallaces rational decision maker does. I think Deutsch has snookered us all.
Richard

I don't want to be technical about this, as I "believe" in the many dreams at the start. By comp they are just the search of existing or non existing solution to diophantine equation, or arithmetical problem.

But technically, from some of its paper at least, Wallace seems to me the closer to comp Everettian, i.e. closer to the kind of physics which has to emerge from the distribution of the possible dreams/ persons in arithmetic, as implied by the comp assumption.

The comp mind-body problem forces us to mega-generalizes Everett, on the whole of the arithmetical truth, and physics is "reduced" to arithmetic, like the carbon-based biology can be said to be be reduced to chemistry today.

Bruno