No Roger,

The BEC properties are known from laboratory experiment.

For example, light can skip thru a BEC at infinite speed,
leaving the BEC as it enters,
or light can be stopped and started in a BEC.

My opinion is that a BEC is effectively outside of spacetime.
I am not alone in that opinion. For example , See:
Hu H and Wu M. Thinking outside the box: the essence
and implications of quantum entanglement.
NeuroQuantology 2006.

Richard