On Friday, December 14, 2012 8:50:34 PM UTC-5, stathisp wrote:

> On Sat, Dec 15, 2012 at 12:20 PM, Craig Weinberg
> <whats...@gmail.com<javascript:>>
> wrote:
>
> >> Intentional means I do something because I want to do it, and if I
> didn't
> >> want to do it I wouldn't have done it. This is entirely consistent with
> the
> >> decision being driven by either deterministic or probabilistic brain
> >> physics.
> >

> > No it isn't, because brain physics has to do with neurotransmitters and
> > cells, not people, places, and things. Brain physics has no capacity to
> be
> > 'about' anything except itself, just as our lives can only be about our
> > lives and not the function of our brain.
>
> Cells and neurotransmitters do their thing and thoughts and feelings
> follow. Destroy the the cells and you destroy the thoughts and
> feelings.

Their thing is their 'thoughts' and 'feelings' upon which our thoughts and
feelings depend, but their existence depends on our psychological well
being also. It's mutual - bottom up and top down. Bottom up is a different
dependency than top down though. Bottom up is about survival of the
vehicle, while top down is about the signifying purpose. Equally important
in one sense, but from an absolute sense, the signifying purpose is
essential while the vehicle is the back door.

Craig