On 16 Dec 2012, at 17:22, Richard Ruquist wrote:

On Sun, Dec 16, 2012 at 11:13 AM, Bruno Marchal <marc...@ulb.ac.be> wrote:
It is the infinities you need to say always "NO" to the doctor despite each year he lowers the level of its digital brains. I can understand you say no to the doctor who proposes you a 16K brain-computer, but why saying "no" to the new one 1024^16000 sensory-motor-quantum-computer, especially if the choice is between dying for sure (in the usual clinical sense) or having perhaps the opportunity to stay alive for awhile (assuming you feel having
something more to say) ?

Bruno
On the basis of my beliefs, I will always say no to the doctor
because I am looking forward to my death
which is just my release from my physical bondage.
It seems to me that CTM predicts that possibility.

Yes.

If you survive with an artificial digital brain, then you survive no matter what, which might be as much terrifying than wishful thinking, especially that we don't know who we are, and the math get quickly *quite* complex. It even depends in part on what you are ready to identify with.

People will not accept artificial brain to be immortal, but just to see the next soccer cup, or the anniversary birthday of the grand- grand-grand-daughter or something.

Most people usually feel no hurry for the Nirvana, and most might want to explore a little bit more the Samsara (especially that it looks like there are evolving technics to get a glimpse of the Nirvana, while staying in the Samsara).

Bruno

Richard