Hi Bruno Marchal

Whoever invented the word "God" invented atheism.

[Roger Clough], [rclo...@verizon.net]
1/8/2013
From: Bruno Marchal
Receiver: everything-list
Time: 2013-01-08, 09:52:18
Subject: Re: Science is a religion by itself.

On 07 Jan 2013, at 19:47, John Clark wrote:

On Mon, Jan 7, 2013   wrote:

> Consider God, a word for Mind

OK, I have a mind therefore I am God.

I said it before I'll say it again, for some strange reason that is unknown to
me many people are willing to abandon the idea of God but not the word G-O-D.
Those letters and in that sequence (DOG just will not do) MUST be preserved and
it doesn't matter what it means.

GOD means the reality in which you believe. It is, imo, a bit more neutral than
"Universe", which is the third Aristotelian God, and which does not belong to
what constitutes the "being" for the Platonist. Since about 1500 years, the
term "God" has acquired many christian cultural colors, but there is no reason
to identify God with the God-father of Christian "theory". God has no name, in
many theologies, so all terms to designate it can only be a fuzzy pointer. Tao
is not bad, as it has many similar qualities than the abramanic god, but with a
less "person" feature. I use the term God to designate whatever transcend us
and is responsible for our existence. With comp, I am open to the idea that
(arithmetical) truth can play that role, and this is exploited in the
arithmetical interpretation of Plotinus 'neoplatonism'.