On 1/8/2013 9:30 AM, Bruno Marchal wrote:

On 06 Jan 2013, at 02:47, meekerdb wrote:

On 1/5/2013 5:39 PM, Craig Weinberg wrote:
The easy problem is harder than the hard problem in the sense that it is the long way around.

No, it's harder because you can tell when you've failed.

I guess you meant  "it's harder because you CAN'T tell when you've failed."

No, I meant the "easy problem" is harder because you can tell when you've failed to explain intelligence: You use your hypothetical explanation to make something that should be intelligent. When it acts stupid, you've failed.

Brent

But this is theory dependent. With comp + classical theory of knowledge (recover by Theatetus applied on Gödel's beweisbar arithmetical predicate) you get a whole theory of qualia+quanta. Evidences from empirical quanta on it does give evidence on the theory of qualia (the hard problem), and refutation by quanta refute automatically the qualia theory, and so it can be shown wrong.

Bruno

http://iridia.ulb.ac.be/~marchal/ <http://iridia.ulb.ac.be/%7Emarchal/>

No virus found in this message.