On 1/10/2013 1:58 PM, Telmo Menezes wrote:
Hi Craig,

I tend to agree with what you say (or what I understand of it). Despite my belief that it is possible to extract memories (or their 3p shadows) from a brain, I do not believe in the neuroscience hypothesis that consciousness emerges from brain activity. I'm not sure I believe that there is a degree of consciousness in everything, but it sounds more plausible than the emergence from complexity idea.

Do you agree that intelligence requires complexity?