On 15 Jan 2013, at 22:14, meekerdb wrote:

On 1/15/2013 7:27 AM, Jason Resch wrote:

Then why do we find ourselves in a world where everyone has only life from their childhood to now?

All conscious states are experienced, even if everyone is truly immortal it does't mean we always have access to or are experiencing all our memories all the time. How much of your current life are you recalling at any given moment?

To answer your question, we are either original biological humans or someone else experiencing what it was like to be an original biological human. When this life ends the consciousness original biological humans ends, but it continues as the someone else who experienced that original biological human's life.

But as I understand your theory we are nothing but sequences of experiences -

I would say that we are person. Probably the same universal person.
We have sequence of experiences, but they do not define us, globally; only locally.

so if the sequence continues (and I don't know how you distinguish one continuation from a another) the we continue.

We distinguish continuations when we live them, like John Clark in M knows that he is not John Clark in W. Of course this leads to the comp 1-indeterminacy, but this explain the MWI when we look below our comp subst level.

It is incoherent to say someone else experiences our continuation.

It makes local sense, like John Clark in M can agree that the John Clark in W is still a "John Clark". Then this can help to realize that we are the same person, but in different context.