Dear Telmo,

With my recent post fresh in my mind, I think I can engage with you a bit
on the meaning and purpose of meditation.

I think the main point of meditation is to see 'what is' for 'what it is.'
Nothing more, nothing less.

All 'other worlds, other universes, other possibilities' are phantoms of
the mind. For a simple proof of this, just consider the proliferation of
various 'multiverse' interpretations of quantum mechanics! Meditation,
though, grounds a person into themselves and into their environment.
Perhaps in doing so, it makes you stop wanting things to be different than
what they are, especially yourself. For it is only when you accept exactly
who you are that you can live and act genuinely in the world. And because
we are all individual and unique (redundant, i know), we all have to find
this out for ourselves, since no one elses prescription will work for us,
just like no organ from just anybody will work for ourselves in a
transplant.

Just my opinion, take or leave,

Best wishes,

Dan