Dear Dan,

On Sun, Jan 27, 2013 at 11:41 PM, freqflyer07281972 <
thismindisbud...@gmail.com> wrote:

> Dear Telmo,
>
> With my recent post fresh in my mind, I think I can engage with you a bit
> on the meaning and purpose of meditation.
>
> I think the main point of meditation is to see 'what is' for 'what it is.'
> Nothing more, nothing less.

Sure, that's my understanding too.

> All 'other worlds, other universes, other possibilities' are phantoms of
> the mind.

Ok, but then I want to know what the mind is...

> For a simple proof of this, just consider the proliferation of various
> 'multiverse' interpretations of quantum mechanics! Meditation, though,
> grounds a person into themselves and into their environment.

Yes, but what are these things -- selves and environments?

> Perhaps in doing so, it makes you stop wanting things to be different than
> what they are,

That's good advice, but I find that the effort towards a TOE is motivated
mostly by a desire to understand, not for a desire for things to be
different. In my experience, people that think that the world should change
in a certain direction seem to have very definitive answers to these
questions.

> especially yourself. For it is only when you accept exactly who you are
> that you can live and act genuinely in the world. And because we are all
> individual and unique (redundant, i know), we all have to find this out for
> ourselves, since no one elses prescription will work for us, just like no
> organ from just anybody will work for ourselves in a transplant.
>
> Just my opinion, take or leave,

I'll take the wisdom but keep my doubts :)

Best,
Telmo.