Hi Stephen P. King

IMHO morals imply that you have somebody looking over your shoulder.
So they are collective.

From: Stephen P. King
Receiver: everything-list
Time: 2013-01-30, 13:44:45
Subject: Re: The least and best means of controlling gun violence

On 1/30/2013 12:41 PM, Craig Weinberg wrote:

On Wednesday, January 30, 2013 11:09:49 AM UTC-5, rclough wrote:

What is the least powerful means of controlling gun violence ?
By legal means, as if guns are outlawed, only outlaws will have guns.

 Just like if you outlaw biological weapons, then only outlaws will have
biological weapons. That's pretty much the idea of making things illegal.

What is the most powerful means ?
By restablishing moral values in our homes, in our schools and in the media.

Moral values cannot be re-established by decree, only imitated voluntarily by
example.

    Morals flow from the individual mind. The collective has no morals.

--
Onward!

Stephen