On 1/31/2013 6:18 AM, Bruno Marchal wrote:

    > you seem to believe that physics does solve the mind-body problem,

The evidence very strongly indicates that mind is what the brain does if that's what you mean.

So you do assume the existence of a primitive or primitively material brain?

That doesn't follow. It may be that minds and brains are necessarily linked, without assuming that either one is fundamental.

Brent

Are such brain Turing emulable?

If yes, how do you predict the first person feeling of a person doing a physical measurement?

You might study some book on the mind-body problem. Serious books makes clear that we have not yet solve the problem. Note that UDA, and especially MGA (which I will re-explain on the FOAR list) is by itself a formulation of the problem, in the mechanist frame.