From: meekerdb
Receiver: everything-list
Time: 2013-02-02, 03:08:08
Subject: Re: HOW YOU CAN BECOME A LIBERAL THEOLOGIAN IN JUST 4 STEPS.

On 2/1/2013 7:12 AM, Bruno Marchal wrote:
And here you come back with your vocabulary problem. You don't believe in the
fairy tale version of christian God, and for some mysterious reason you want
throw out all notion of gods like if it was the only one.

That's not accurate.  I am happy to consider other notions of gods, but they
are all persons and I don't believe any of them exist.  The meaning you want to
assign to "God" is the ultimate foundation of the world, which I would call
"urstuff" or something similar.  The theory you have put forward that the world
is emergent from the computations of a UD doesn't make the fundamental a person
and so I can't see any reason to call it "a god" of "God" of even "ONE" (since
it is very numerous).