> On Tue, Jan 29, 2013 at 4:42 PM, Jason Resch <jasonre...@gmail.com> wrote:

> Your rhetoric may work in other places where you argue with religious
> people

I wish it had but no. Such is the awesome virulence of the religious mind
virus that there is nobody to my certain knowledge in which my arguments
have caused a recovery. Statistically if you are infected at a early age a
cure of the religious mind parasite is almost as rare as recovery from
rabies. Even exchanging one virus (like Christianity) for another parasite
(like Islam) is unusual.

> but I, and probably others on this list, find it rather unconvincing.

If you agree with Martin Luther (and if you're a Christian you've got to)
that " Reason should be destroyed in all Christians. Reason must be
deluded, blinded, and destroyed. Faith must trample underfoot all reason,
sense, and understanding" and that we should "tear the eyes out of reason"
then I'm not surprised that my rational arguments failed to convince you
because no rational argument could do that. You have imposed this blindness
on yourself for one reason and one reason only, mommy and daddy told you to
do it from the first day you learned language; there is quite simply no
more to it than that.

  John K Clark