On Sat, Feb 2, 2013 at 6:29 PM, Craig Weinberg <whatsons...@gmail.com>wrote:

> > While I agree with your view, and Carlin's view on the toxic absurdity
> of organized religion, I don't see the connection between a child's
> tendency to accept the beliefs of their parents with the assumption of
> evolutionary origin of the God concept itself.

Some people hear voices in their head, not most but some, and some of those
people think God is the source of those voices. When those people have
children they will tell them that God is real and can talk to them and they
will believe it because they are children. So even if the percentage of
people who suffer from this hallucination is quite small the belief that
such things are true will grow with each generation.

  John K Clark