On Saturday, February 9, 2013 3:32:52 PM UTC-5, Simon Forman wrote:

> But then doesn't that leave subjectivity fundamentally mysterious?

I think that human subjectivity is a range of qualities of experience, some
rooted in the sub-personal, some in the super-personal, and some reflected
from the impersonal ranges. From this island of possible personal
sensitivities, the influences arising from beneath, behind, or beyond us
does seem mysterious, but from an absolute perspective, the only thing
mysterious is why we should assume that it is not fundamental.

> If form/geometry is first and math second (which fits my own
> understanding at this time) the what is it that is apprehending math?
> And does it have form?

I wouldn't say that one is first or second to the other, only that there is
no path from one to the other without the commonality of the third - which
is personal sense. What it is that apprehends math and form is, by
triangulation, the common opposite of both. Not formless nor irrational,
but trans-rational and form-seeking. I throw around pretentious terms like
Trans-Rational algebras, or apocatastatic gestalts, but what I mean is that
we see whole images in spite of the disjunct pixels which are presumed to
compose them. We jump to conclusions and bridge cognitive gaps, we
anticipate teleologically rather than only passively react.

Craig