Craig:

The truth of your statement is no reply to my claim, that how another

receiver of signs responds is irrelevant to your knowledge, save the one

case of conveyance of knowledge between semiotic units; where you

intend for knowledge to be conveyed.  In that case, it is behooving of

the sender to ensure that the receiver can receive and understand the

message.  In all other cases, the recipient response is irrelevant; all

values and measures originate in the sender of the message.

The receiver of transmitted information is irrelevant to the mechanics

of that transmission.

wrb