Stephen, you know my aversion against random: it is a disorderly sequence
the origination of which is not (yet?) disclosed to us -
usually excluded from our ordinate view of nature since it deprives the
prediction according to the so far derived (physical?) laws.

My second part to your question:
Meaningful is derived as based on our so far accumulated knowledge about
the world. It grows steadily over the millennia.
So which 'meaningful' do you mean? yesterday's, or of 1000BC?

Your "correct decryption scheme" is by the 2nd par. above.
Regards
John M