That may be not enough. suppose that you are starving, and you receive in your phone a message describing where is the next source of water but somehow the description is interspersed in the description of the complete equation of the M Theory that someone has found. You of course take the last as noise, despite that you know what is it. and you know that this message will be lost (leĀ“ts suppose that). What is the information and how can it be measured?.

Hi Alberto,

If the message is a program that tells a class of autonomously mobile Turing Machines how to move from a given position to the energy supply... There could be any set of secondary messages 'in the code' at some level if the string is complex enough... who knows that AMTM they might control...

Usually the study of information and the measure of it make many assumptions that made it incomplete. My idea is that it is not only the decoding, but the decrease in entropy that the receiver experiment.

    Such as the above example?

That include the decoding + the course of actions that the receiver takes with this information. I the case of the starving person, first it experiment a reduction in stress that reduces the muscular activity and the heat produces, instead it follow a ordered set of actions until he find the food, the food will repair the structuresof the body etc.

Given n number of possible strings and m possible TMs... the mind boggles! We are machines, very sophisticated, but machines nonetheless and doubly so!