On 3/31/2013 7:16 AM, John Clark wrote:
On Sat, Mar 30, 2013 Joseph Knight <joseph.9...@gmail.com <mailto:joseph.9...@gmail.com>> wrote:

> True or False: COMP implies that any fundamental physical constant is non computable?

I still don't know exactly what "COMP" means but about 1860 Maxwell computed the speed of light and that is certainly a fundamental constant, not only that but his mathematics said that computed speed of light would always be the same regardless of the speed of the observer or of the source of the light. But of course Maxwell didn't start from zero, he had to know what the values of the magnetic constant and the electric constant are, and as far as we know those numbers can only be obtained from experiment. At the time electricity and magnetism didn't seem to have anything to do with light but Maxwell showed that they did.

I thought the speed of light was 1.