On 05 Apr 2013, at 16:16, Craig Weinberg wrote:

On Friday, April 5, 2013 9:41:40 AM UTC-4, Bruno Marchal wrote:

On 05 Apr 2013, at 00:07, Craig Weinberg wrote (to Jason)

There are algorithms for implementing anything that does not involve infinities.

Why do you think so? What algorithm implements purple or pain?

What make you think that purple or pain don't involve infinities?

They might, but why does that make a difference?

(Also, many algorithm does involve infinities. Machines can provide name for ordinals up to the Church-Kleene omega_1^CK ordinal, and they can reason in ZF like any of us. I don't see why computers cannot beat the humans in the naming of infinities, even if that task can be considered as the least algorithmic one ever conceived by humans).

Why do you think that purple is a name?

Why do you think I would think that purple is a name?

Bruno

Craig