On 13 Apr 2013, at 16:13, spudboy...@aol.com wrote:

Rather then just the Liege study, let us look to November, when Dr. Sam Parnia, releases his research on the AWARE project. He has a partial sumary of this study in his new book, Erasing Death (US) or The Lazarus Effect (UK). Same book different titles. Parnia's AWARE study involves 25 hospital emergency rooms, in which signs or messages are place in odd places, that face upwards, to determine if out of body sensing is valid? A patient seeing a 5-pointed star with a daisy printed next to it, that has been placed 3 metre's above the emergency room floors might be an example of what Parnia has done. If no patient was able to see what was on the sign, then that tells us something.

Parnia's medical speciality is cardiology annd ressucitation. The main thrust of his research is not primarilly, NDE's but his focus is using techniques like cold treatments to preserve body and neural tissue. Parnia complains that depending on which emergency room physicians use cold revival techniques, and which do not, will effect the chances of survivability and recovery of the patient. Fore example, Dr. Parnia says that in the US, Seattle is the place to be, for cardiological issues, because in Seattle, hospitals are well-versed and trained in cold revival techniques-cooling the heart, cooling the brain, whatever?

The NDE aspect is a possibly significant side benefit to ressucitation research. What do I expect? I am not sure, although the opponents of the Liege study haven't yet come up with the "vividity" explanation, versus dreams, hallucinations, and drug trips. In other words, you can lose the cognitve regions of your brain, if you imbibe some bad, blotter acid, and not be able to recognize your imagination, a visual image, a memory, from every day life. One simply believes what one hears and see's.

The vivid NDE stuff seems somehow different, whatever it's origin. Is there a neuro-chemical mechanism that kicks in with super vivid hallucinations? Hard to understand the neural mechanism for this. When you've lost blood, do you produce a lot of serotonin, or endorphins? What evolution basis causes this, if that is our explanation. How did it become a successful trait that permitted wounded or damaged animals, to survive, and thus, mate, and therefore, go on to have offspring with this trait? Nature, red in tooth and claw, would likely have accidently evolved to elininate, such damaged animals. So what gives?

-Mitch

NDE might helps people in stress situation, of after being wounded. Given the fact that humans seems to fight since a long time, that might convey some evolutionary role. This does not logically entail that

Apparently some NDE can at least help some people to realize that science has not yet decided if we are human beings capable of having from time to time some divine experiences, or if we are divine beings capable of having from time to time some terrestrial experiences.

That can help to doubt or attenuate certainties in the spiritual field, which are frequent, for diverse reasons.