Brent >>Five years and no positive result.<<

The study hasn't been released yet. It gets released in November, this year.

<<No every trait is driven by natural selection.  So long as it is not
sufficiently contrary to reproductive success it may be carried along in a
population.>>

This, goes against Darwinian principles does it not? Everything is natural
selection, unless it's artificial selection. I wonder if there was an
artificial selection going on, that occurred because of human behavior of our
ancestors, both recent and remote? I can't come up with such an line of
behavior, but perhaps someone else can. What kind and manner of behavior would
prevent a wounded animals' death, so they can survive and procreate? How did
these vivid hallucinations evolve in a dying creatures brain. We understand
endorphins and enkepflins (sp?), but what creates a  trans-real illusion in a
dying brain? How does this emerge, biologically, through randomness?

We will have to wait until November to see if Parnia comes up with something
interesting, or it's a dead end, literally. The more interesting the evidence,
the more vehement will be the opposition.

Mitch