On Sat, Jun 15, 2013 at 4:32 PM, Roger Clough <rclo...@verizon.net> wrote:
> Why aren't we blinded by a myriad of thoughts ?

For the same reason computers can selectively access their memories,
run some algorithms and not others and so on. This is understood in
basic computer science by any of the many variations of conditional
execution (if/then expressions).

> Olber's Paradox and the limited outreach of neurons
>
> by Roger Clough
>
> Adapting to Leibniz's philosophy of mind, each of the neurons in the brain
> is a monad

Neurons are cells. We know a lot about how cells work. We also know
that neurons communicate through neurotransmitters, that they have
activation thresholds and that they organize in super-complex networks
and that they are building blocks with sufficient expressiveness to be
Turing complete. Your theory has to be able to account for all these
things we found out since Leibniz was around.

Telmo.