On 15 Jun 2013, at 16:55, Telmo Menezes wrote:

On Sat, Jun 15, 2013 at 4:32 PM, Roger Clough <rclo...@verizon.net> wrote:
Why aren't we blinded by a myriad of thoughts ?

For the same reason computers can selectively access their memories,
run some algorithms and not others and so on. This is understood in
basic computer science by any of the many variations of conditional
execution (if/then expressions).

Olber's Paradox and the limited outreach of neurons

by Roger Clough

Adapting to Leibniz's philosophy of mind, each of the neurons in the brain
is a monad

Neurons are cells. We know a lot about how cells work. We also know
that neurons communicate through neurotransmitters, that they have
activation thresholds and that they organize in super-complex networks
and that they are building blocks with sufficient expressiveness to be
Turing complete. Your theory has to be able to account for all these
things we found out since Leibniz was around.

But here Roger Clough was perhaps intuiting something like the comp measure problem, where the white rabbits and the white noise seems to be what we should experience a priori, by the FPI.

So I can *interpret* that Olber-Clough blindness phenomena as the white rabbit problem in comp, perhaps related to Russell's "Occam catastrophe".

Your answer ,Telmo, was on the 3p level, but the experience are 1p, and the FPI makes harder to explain the apparent consistency and stability of consciousness. Then the non triviality of computer science makes this problem into a problem in computer science and thus a problem in arithmetic. It fits with the idea that a brain, or a universal machine filter more consciousness than creating or producing it.

Bruno

Telmo.

and all of tbhe monads in the universe are perceived
(Leibniz uses the word "reflected", since all of the monads reflect
the perceptions of all of the others through the Chief MONAD
http://plato.stanford.edu/entries/leibniz-mind/

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Olbers%27_paradox

Olbers' paradox
From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
Jump to: navigation, search

"Olbers' paradox in action
In astrophysics and physical cosmology, Olbers' paradox, named after
the German astronomer Heinrich Wilhelm Olbers (1758�1840) and also called the "dark night sky paradox", is the argument that the darkness of the night
sky
conflicts with the assumption of an infinite and eternal static universe.
The darkness of the night sky is one of the pieces of evidence for a
non-static
universe such as the Big Bang model. If the universe is static and populated by an infinite number of stars, any sight line from Earth must end at the
(very bright)
surface of a star, so the night sky should be completely bright. This
contradicts the observed
darkness of the night."