On 16 Jun 2013, at 15:49, Telmo Menezes wrote:

Saying
that intelligence has nothing to do with computation (I know you don't
claim this, but Roger does) is a bit like saying that the earth is
only 6000 years old: one would have to believe in a very malicious god
that plants false evidence. Because the brain sure looks like a
computer...

I agree.

My defense of Roger was of the type "devil's advocate".

I know. I also notice that you don't join bullying bandwagons (even
when the target somewhat deserves it) and you deserve kudos for that.

Thanks Telmo.

Bruno

Telmo.

Roger, like many, is
just unaware that machines are more than we thought in the 19th century.

Bruno

Telmo.