On 7/18/2013 2:27 AM, Telmo Menezes wrote:
Also, it's a funny moment in History to pretend that giving this much
power to governments does not have consequences. What if the economy
is saved but we end up living under a modern global Stasi? This
sounded like "conspiracy theory" stuff a few weeks ago, but what about
now?

My hope is that bitcoin or something like that will finally set us
free from the criminals that have been running the financial systems.
I still believe in technology more than I believe in politics.

But it's technology that's enabling the global Stasi. If someone had to actually listen to your phonecalls and take notes our privacy would be secure.