>> I agree. I think trade imparticularly creates a symbiotic relationship
between people which gets internalized. Pragmatically it makes sense to see
people as friend rather than foe if we want them to buy our stuff and this
pragmatism then gets solidified in our moral sentiment.

Interesting point. Killing your customer is usually not a good business
practice; except if you are a tobacco company perhaps.