Ah yes, I can see you subscribe to the notion of some scary monolithic
Muslim menace. the Umah Godzilla -- well good luck with your nightmares LOL.
Though you do in passing mention the sectarianism, which is just as
prevalent in the Muslim world as it is in the Christian world - if we want
to see the world through that narrow reductive optic, you continue to treat
more than a billion human beings as a single monolithic block marching to
the same ideological beat and framing these billion separate individual
human beings as some kind of existential menace to our way of life. Is this
an accurate assessment of your political beliefs?

You are so wrong, the various histories and inner beliefs; the customs,
practices and modalities of the many different peoples who have in common a
religious faith - if one can describe a religion so fractured along
sectarian lines as having much in common at all  -- are in fact quite varied
and you cannot understand a Malay, or a Taureg etc. solely through your read
of Islam without also understanding their particular histories.

You are being grossly reductionist and in reality there is a huge diversity
in customs, beliefs, and practices amongst the world's Muslims and in much
of the "Muslim" world there are also many who do not believe in these
ancient fairy tales, any more than for example I believe in the Christian
fairy tales.

There is not a Muslim world and a Christian world; we all live on the same
planet. there is only one world. We are all the same animal species and
share the same mental physiology and are all driven by the same desires
essentially - to have food, shelter, comfort, safety, happiness, family..
and for some to discover the truth behind the veil.

There are plenty of Muslim fundy assholes, but then there are Jewish,
Christian, Buddhist, Hindu (etc.)  fundy assholes in abundance as well. We
have our own American Taliban - our own wild eyed fundamentalist medieval
minded crazies. What real difference is there between a Jewish/Zionist or
Christian fundamentalist and an Arab/Muslim fundamentalist? Not a whole lot
- IMO.

I agree with those who are concerned about the rise of fundamentalism in our
world, about this return to an iconoclastic, medieval and Manichean world
view, but when it is suggested that this is somehow a Muslim phenomenon and
not a human folly that is festering in all societies and can turn any
society into one that finds itself living through a Torquemada experience,
that is where I get off of the boat and begin to criticize those who
selectively criticize other cultures while ignoring the very same phenomena
when they crop up in their own societies.

-Chris