On Tue, Sep 10, 2013 at 11:52:09AM +0200, Telmo Menezes wrote:
> On Tue, Sep 10, 2013 at 1:56 AM, Russell Standish <li...@hpcoders.com.au>
> wrote:
> >
> > Its more of an entropy pump. Chris Adami has written some stuff on
> > that, using a related system called Avida.
>
> Ok, I'm familiar with Tierra and Avida but I don't recall coming
> across those ideas. If you find a reference, I'd be interested.

I mostly heard of it through workshops and seminars he (or his
coauthors) gave at various ALife conferences around the turn of the
millennium. He talks a bit about it in his book Artificial Life. But
the definitive article would probably have to be
http://arxiv.org/abs/physics/0005074 (Evolution of Biological Complexity).