On 23 Sep 2013, at 19:56, John Clark wrote:

On Mon, Sep 23, 2013 at 10:17 AM, Bruno Marchal <marc...@ulb.ac.be> wrote:

>> If you can repair the blunders made in the first 3 steps then I'll read step 4, until then doing so would be ridiculous.

> Even this is ridiculous, as step 4, 5, 6, 7 can certainly help you to see what you miss (or deny) in step 3.

You are supposed to be writing a proof not a detective novel!

This shows that you are not a scientists, as all scientists when studying a proof and miss a step at some point, read further that point, as this can put some light on what they were missing.

Also, I made AUDA (the arithmetical UDA) in a way such that it can be read independently, as I know that some scientists are uneasy in some thought experiment. It is a bit ridiculous, as elementary computer science is enough: you can replace humans by machines with very few inference inductive ability to understand that no matter you enlarge those abilities, the machine will not been able to predict with certainty where its backup will be reinstalled.

> If there is no first person indeterminacy [...]

Of course there is first person indeterminacy, I often don't know what I will see or do next.

That's not the one used in the reasoning. That argument can be applied to the quantum indeterminacy too.

You seem to confuse all forms of indeterminacy.

Bruno

  John K Clark