On 23 Oct 2013, at 20:07, Craig Weinberg wrote:

On Wednesday, October 23, 2013 12:34:05 PM UTC-4, Bruno Marchal wrote:
<snip>
"My problem is that you need
to do the math to evaluate how much seriously you can take this remark."

Under comp, why couldn't I just imagine tasting the flavor of the math instead?

With comp, when you test the flavor of coffee, you do, actually, test the flavor of some math. But you test it from the inside of math, and so it looks different from the math we learn at school. That it looks different is explainable by any Löbian machine, and can be understood intuitively with some training in the comp thought experiment. The difference are accounted by the intensional nuance of Gödel's provability.

Bruno

Craig