On 10/25/2013 4:09 PM, LizR wrote:
On 26 October 2013 06:23, Craig Weinberg <whatsons...@gmail.com <mailto:whatsons...@gmail.com>> wrote:

    The argument against comp is not one of impossibility, but of empirical
failure.
    Sure, numbers could do this or that, but our experience does not support
that it has
    ever happened. In the mean time, the view that I suggest I think does make
more
    sense and supports our experience fully.

Could you explain this, about how Comp has failed empirically? Comp presupposes that the brain is Turing emulable etc, so if you disagree with that then obviously it fails

It's not at all obvious to me that disagreeing with Craig entails failure. :-)

Brent

but not empirically since no one has proved/disproved the brain being TE.

No virus found in this message.