yep. organity is emergent.

Date: Fri, 25 Oct 2013 14:46:54 +1300
Subject: Re: Douglas Hofstadter Article
From: lizj...@gmail.com
To: everything-list@googlegroups.com

On 25 October 2013 14:31, Craig Weinberg <whatsons...@gmail.com> wrote:

Looking at natural presences, like atoms or galaxies, the scope of their
persistence is well beyond any human relation so they do deserve the benefit of
the doubt. We have no reason to believe that they were assembled by anything
other than themselves. The fact that we are made of atoms and atoms are made
from stars is another point in their favor, whereas no living organism that we
have encountered is made of inorganic atoms, or of pure mathematics, or can
survive by consuming only inorganic atoms or mathematics.

What are inorganic atoms? Or rather (since I suspect all atoms are inorganic),
what are organic atoms?